BEGIN:VCALENDAR
VERSION:2.0
PRODID:IEEE vTools.Events//EN
CALSCALE:GREGORIAN
BEGIN:VTIMEZONE
TZID:America/Denver
BEGIN:DAYLIGHT
DTSTART:20260308T030000
TZOFFSETFROM:-0700
TZOFFSETTO:-0600
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=2SU;BYMONTH=3
TZNAME:MDT
END:DAYLIGHT
BEGIN:STANDARD
DTSTART:20261101T010000
TZOFFSETFROM:-0600
TZOFFSETTO:-0700
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=1SU;BYMONTH=11
TZNAME:MST
END:STANDARD
END:VTIMEZONE
BEGIN:VEVENT
DTSTAMP:20260929T184936Z
UID:8B1BEF33-668D-45F8-94C8-28FDB6860F9B
DTSTART;TZID=America/Denver:20260929T113000
DTEND;TZID=America/Denver:20260929T122000
DESCRIPTION:-\nOverview\n\nThe meeting focused on reviewing prior minutes\,
  addressing outstanding action items\, and gathering updates across commit
 tees and chapters. Participants discussed financial activity\, event plann
 ing\, collaboration efforts\, and operational challenges such as reporting
  requirements and leadership vacancies. The conversation also covered prep
 arations for upcoming conferences and area meetings\, along with student b
 ranch funding constraints. Overall\, the meeting aimed to ensure alignment
  on current responsibilities\, upcoming deadlines\, and ongoing organizati
 onal needs.\n\nKey updates\n\n- Review of August minutes: Timothy summariz
 ed prior discussions\, including banquet expenses\, joint chapter events\,
  and student branch updates. Daniel and Tyler confirmed the minutes were a
 ccurate\, and the group approved them with minor corrections suggested by 
 Tyler.\n- Action item follow‑ups: Timothy led a review of outstanding ta
 sks\, with Tyler agreeing to contact Ray regarding Sigma Z banquet expense
 s and Lee providing updates on award nomination processes. The team agreed
  to keep several items open due to pending responses or ongoing coordinati
 on.\n- Treasurer’s report: Tyler explained recent financial activity\, i
 ncluding receiving a YP rebate and pending reimbursements for food expense
 s submitted by Kevin and Robert. He noted that work demands delayed some o
 utgoing payments and confirmed he would process them soon.\n- Chapter and 
 partnership updates: Timothy reported limited recent activity from Ramon
 ’s chapter and highlighted opportunities to strengthen ties with NMSPE t
 hrough attending their monthly talks. Mike’s group continues holding eve
 nts that may support future collaboration.\n- Public lecture series: Lee d
 etailed scheduling challenges\, noting a cancellation left September unfil
 led but the rest of the semester is booked. He is coordinating awardee tal
 ks for January and encouraged suggestions for spring speakers\, with plans
  to engage additional contacts for scheduling.\n- Upcoming events: Daniel 
 provided details on the October 17 area meeting in San Diego\, confirming 
 logistics such as location options and his role in delivering training. Th
 e group agreed that Timothy should attend as section chair and begin makin
 g travel arrangements.\n- YP and student branch updates: Daniel described 
 monthly YP event planning and efforts to maintain engagement for the Women
  in Engineering group by adding them as co‑hosts. Nannette reported stro
 ng student branch turnout but limited funding\, restricting attendance for
  Rising Stars and prompting the need for early funding requests.\n- Reimbu
 rsement and administrative issues: Daniel noted difficulties getting reimb
 ursed for Sections Congress expenses and highlighted that MGA required som
 e costs to be charged to the section. Tyler and Daniel agreed to coordinat
 e on follow‑up emails.\n- Awards banquet planning: Lee shared challenges
  scheduling Sigma Z meetings and is working to reengage leadership. He ant
 icipates continuing with prior venue and catering practices once planning 
 begins.\n- Elections planning: Lee described limitations in the Vtools sys
 tem for forming a nomination committee and will instead send email solicit
 ations for nominees. The election timeline will run through October nomina
 tions and November voting.\n- Additional chapter checks: Timothy and Lee a
 greed to identify the current New Mexico Tech chapter chair by contacting 
 prior leads and local partners. Tyler noted steady activity within another
  chapter\, with recent talks held in mid‑September.\n- Student branch tr
 avel funding: Nannette explained constraints on UNM’s ability to approve
  reimbursements before funding is secured\, and Lee offered to provide the
  required funding request form. The group emphasized submitting requests s
 oon given rising conference registration costs.\n- Final action item conso
 lidation: Timothy captured and updated remaining action items\, including 
 outreach tasks\, reporting reminders\, and preparations for the area meeti
 ng. The team agreed to adjourn after confirming no further additions.\n\nA
 genda: \nFollow-up tasks:\n\n- Banquet Expenses: Follow up with Ray to set
 tle the outstanding Sigma Z banquet expenses for FY2026. (Tyler)\n- Public
  Lecture Speakers: Submit suggestions for speakers to fill the open spring
  public lecture slots. (the team)\n- Student Award Nominations: Review the
  proposed change to the student award nomination process with Laura. (Lee)
 \n- SSCS Event Reporting: Obtain the official attendance count from Ramon 
 and complete the VTools report for the SSCS event. (Tim)\n- Women In Engin
 eering Leadership: Follow up with Jane about identifying potential partici
 pants or leaders for the Women in Engineering group. (Tim)\n- Amir’s VTo
 ols Access: Continue resolving Amir’s VTools access and determine an app
 ropriate long-term leadership arrangement for the Albuquerque section. (Le
 e)\n- Area Meeting Attendance: Register and make travel arrangements to re
 present the Albuquerque section at the October 17 area meeting in San Dieg
 o. (Tim)\n- Student Branch Funding: Submit a funding request to the sectio
 n for UNM student attendance at Rising Stars/CES\, including the expected 
 number of attendees and requested amount. (Nannette)\n- New Mexico Tech Co
 ordination: Reestablish contact with New Mexico Tech to identify its curre
 nt chair or leadership contact\, including by consulting Gilberto if neede
 d. (Tim)\n- Election Nominations: Send the section-wide request for office
 r nominations\, collect nominations through October\, and prepare for elec
 tions in late November and officer assignments in December. (Lee)\n\nVirtu
 al: https://events.vtools.ieee.org/m/580842
LOCATION:Virtual: https://events.vtools.ieee.org/m/580842
ORGANIZER:drthoms@sandia.gov
SEQUENCE:4
SUMMARY:September 2026 Section Meeting
URL;VALUE=URI:https://events.vtools.ieee.org/m/580842
X-ALT-DESC:Description: &lt;br /&gt;&lt;ul&gt;\n&lt;li&gt;\n&lt;h3&gt;Overview&lt;/h3&gt;\n&lt;p&gt;The meeting
  focused on reviewing prior minutes\, addressing outstanding action items\
 , and gathering updates across committees and chapters. Participants discu
 ssed financial activity\, event planning\, collaboration efforts\, and ope
 rational challenges such as reporting requirements and leadership vacancie
 s. The conversation also covered preparations for upcoming conferences and
  area meetings\, along with student branch funding constraints. Overall\, 
 the meeting aimed to ensure alignment on current responsibilities\, upcomi
 ng deadlines\, and ongoing organizational needs.&lt;/p&gt;\n&lt;h3&gt;Key updates&lt;/h3&gt;
 \n&lt;ul&gt;\n&lt;li&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Review of August minutes&lt;/strong&gt;: Timothy summarized 
 prior discussions\, including banquet expenses\, joint chapter events\, an
 d student branch updates. Daniel and Tyler confirmed the minutes were accu
 rate\, and the group approved them with minor corrections suggested by Tyl
 er.&lt;/li&gt;\n&lt;li&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Action item follow‑ups&lt;/strong&gt;: Timothy led a rev
 iew of outstanding tasks\, with Tyler agreeing to contact Ray regarding Si
 gma Z banquet expenses and Lee providing updates on award nomination proce
 sses. The team agreed to keep several items open due to pending responses 
 or ongoing coordination.&lt;/li&gt;\n&lt;li&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Treasurer&amp;rsquo\;s report&lt;/stro
 ng&gt;: Tyler explained recent financial activity\, including receiving a YP 
 rebate and pending reimbursements for food expenses submitted by Kevin and
  Robert. He noted that work demands delayed some outgoing payments and con
 firmed he would process them soon.&lt;/li&gt;\n&lt;li&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Chapter and partnersh
 ip updates&lt;/strong&gt;: Timothy reported limited recent activity from Ramon&amp;r
 squo\;s chapter and highlighted opportunities to strengthen ties with NMSP
 E through attending their monthly talks. Mike&amp;rsquo\;s group continues hol
 ding events that may support future collaboration.&lt;/li&gt;\n&lt;li&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Publi
 c lecture series&lt;/strong&gt;: Lee detailed scheduling challenges\, noting a c
 ancellation left September unfilled but the rest of the semester is booked
 . He is coordinating awardee talks for January and encouraged suggestions 
 for spring speakers\, with plans to engage additional contacts for schedul
 ing.&lt;/li&gt;\n&lt;li&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Upcoming events&lt;/strong&gt;: Daniel provided details o
 n the October 17 area meeting in San Diego\, confirming logistics such as 
 location options and his role in delivering training. The group agreed tha
 t Timothy should attend as section chair and begin making travel arrangeme
 nts.&lt;/li&gt;\n&lt;li&gt;&lt;strong&gt;YP and student branch updates&lt;/strong&gt;: Daniel desc
 ribed monthly YP event planning and efforts to maintain engagement for the
  Women in Engineering group by adding them as co‑hosts. Nannette reporte
 d strong student branch turnout but limited funding\, restricting attendan
 ce for Rising Stars and prompting the need for early funding requests.&lt;/li
 &gt;\n&lt;li&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Reimbursement and administrative issues&lt;/strong&gt;: Daniel no
 ted difficulties getting reimbursed for Sections Congress expenses and hig
 hlighted that MGA required some costs to be charged to the section. Tyler 
 and Daniel agreed to coordinate on follow‑up emails.&lt;/li&gt;\n&lt;li&gt;&lt;strong&gt;A
 wards banquet planning&lt;/strong&gt;: Lee shared challenges scheduling Sigma Z 
 meetings and is working to reengage leadership. He anticipates continuing 
 with prior venue and catering practices once planning begins.&lt;/li&gt;\n&lt;li&gt;&lt;s
 trong&gt;Elections planning&lt;/strong&gt;: Lee described limitations in the Vtools
  system for forming a nomination committee and will instead send email sol
 icitations for nominees. The election timeline will run through October no
 minations and November voting.&lt;/li&gt;\n&lt;li&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Additional chapter checks
 &lt;/strong&gt;: Timothy and Lee agreed to identify the current New Mexico Tech 
 chapter chair by contacting prior leads and local partners. Tyler noted st
 eady activity within another chapter\, with recent talks held in mid‑Sep
 tember.&lt;/li&gt;\n&lt;li&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Student branch travel funding&lt;/strong&gt;: Nannette
  explained constraints on UNM&amp;rsquo\;s ability to approve reimbursements b
 efore funding is secured\, and Lee offered to provide the required funding
  request form. The group emphasized submitting requests soon given rising 
 conference registration costs.&lt;/li&gt;\n&lt;li&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Final action item consoli
 dation&lt;/strong&gt;: Timothy captured and updated remaining action items\, inc
 luding outreach tasks\, reporting reminders\, and preparations for the are
 a meeting. The team agreed to adjourn after confirming no further addition
 s.&lt;/li&gt;\n&lt;/ul&gt;\n&lt;/li&gt;\n&lt;/ul&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Agenda: &lt;br /&gt;&lt;div&gt;Follow-up tasks
 :&lt;/div&gt;\n&lt;ul&gt;\n&lt;li&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Banquet Expenses: &lt;/strong&gt;Follow up with Ray t
 o settle the outstanding Sigma Z banquet expenses for FY2026. (Tyler)&lt;/li&gt;
 \n&lt;li&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Public Lecture Speakers: &lt;/strong&gt;Submit suggestions for spe
 akers to fill the open spring public lecture slots. (the team)&lt;/li&gt;\n&lt;li&gt;&lt;
 strong&gt;Student Award Nominations: &lt;/strong&gt;Review the proposed change to t
 he student award nomination process with Laura. (Lee)&lt;/li&gt;\n&lt;li&gt;&lt;strong&gt;SS
 CS Event Reporting: &lt;/strong&gt;Obtain the official attendance count from Ram
 on and complete the VTools report for the SSCS event. (Tim)&lt;/li&gt;\n&lt;li&gt;&lt;str
 ong&gt;Women In Engineering Leadership: &lt;/strong&gt;Follow up with Jane about id
 entifying potential participants or leaders for the Women in Engineering g
 roup. (Tim)&lt;/li&gt;\n&lt;li&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Amir&amp;rsquo\;s VTools Access: &lt;/strong&gt;Contin
 ue resolving Amir&amp;rsquo\;s VTools access and determine an appropriate long
 -term leadership arrangement for the Albuquerque section. (Lee)&lt;/li&gt;\n&lt;li&gt;
 &lt;strong&gt;Area Meeting Attendance: &lt;/strong&gt;Register and make travel arrange
 ments to represent the Albuquerque section at the October 17 area meeting 
 in San Diego. (Tim)&lt;/li&gt;\n&lt;li&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Student Branch Funding: &lt;/strong&gt;Sub
 mit a funding request to the section for UNM student attendance at Rising 
 Stars/CES\, including the expected number of attendees and requested amoun
 t. (Nannette)&lt;/li&gt;\n&lt;li&gt;&lt;strong&gt;New Mexico Tech Coordination: &lt;/strong&gt;Ree
 stablish contact with New Mexico Tech to identify its current chair or lea
 dership contact\, including by consulting Gilberto if needed. (Tim)&lt;/li&gt;\n
 &lt;li&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Election Nominations: &lt;/strong&gt;Send the section-wide request f
 or officer nominations\, collect nominations through October\, and prepare
  for elections in late November and officer assignments in December. (Lee)
 &lt;/li&gt;\n&lt;/ul&gt;
END:VEVENT
END:VCALENDAR

