Light Science Workshop 2020
First held in 2017, the Light Science Workshop is a single day conference held on the UCSB campus to connect students with the thriving local photonics industry of Santa Barbara and surrounding areas.
This Workshop will be held on Tuesday, May 19, 2020 to correspond with the International Day of Light and feature 5-8 short talks from industry and academic speakers, as well as two one-hour keynote lectures. A student poster session will be combined with local industry tabling over an extended lunch to provide attendees with an opportunity to mingle with companies and peer researchers, asking questions and exploring research and career paths.
Date and Time
- Date: 12 May 2020
- Time: 09:00 AM to 04:00 PM
- All times are US/Pacific
- Add Event to Calendar
- UC Santa Barbara
- Santa Barbara, California
- United States 93106
- Building: ESB
- Room Number: 2001
- Click here for Map
Michael Choquer, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Breakfast and registration: 8:45 - 9:15 a.m.
- Introduction: 9:15 - 9:25 a.m.
- Talks: 9:25 - 10:45 a.m.
- Coffee: 9:45 - 10:00 a.m.
- Keynote speaker 1: 11:00 a.m - 12:00 p.m.
- Lunch and poster event: 12:00 p.m. - 1:15 p.m.
- Talks: 1:15 - 2:15 p.m.
- Break: 2:15-2:30 p.m.
- Keynote speaker 2: 2:30 - 3:30 p.m.
- Break: 3:30 - 3:45 p.m.
- Talks: 3:45 - 4:45 p.m.
- Closing remarks: 4:45 - 4:55 p.m.