IEEE Region 6 Southwest Area Spring 2018 meeting
Saturday, April 14, 2018 at Devry University Phoenix
Who should go? IEEE Region 6 Southwest Area Spring 2018 meeting is for Section Chairs, section officers, and student branch officers to gather with Region 6 staff to discuss issues that relate to Section and Student branch activities and needs, provide Student Branch officer training, network, share ideas, and provide a venue to collect needs and ideas from SW Area students to make their IEEE experience better than ever.
Group dinner on Friday 4/13 is drop-in at Bobby Qs in that area , 8501 N 27th Ave, Phoenix (near I-17 & Dunlap) from 7:30-10:00 PM. Meeting at Springhill Suites Phoenix North @6:40 pm Friday 4/13 for carpool.
Meeting Rooms 104 and 106 at Devry, 2149 W. Dunlap Avenue Phoenix, AZ 85021.
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Phoenix North - 9425 N Black Canyon Hwy, Phoenix, AZ 85021 SpringhillSuitesPhoenixNorth and
Sheraton Crescent Hotel - 2620 W Dunlap Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85021 SheratonCrescent are both near and available at less than $117/night as of 4/3.
Any interested IEEE officer or would-be volunteer who is a member can attend this meeting, but IEEE Region 6 will support travel for the section chair or her/his duly designated delegate of sections in the IEEE Region 6 SWArea and the allowed student representatives from their student branches.
- Students: 2 students and one student branch counselor per IEEE student branch in the R6 Southwest area (branch counselor spot is non-transferrable)
- Sections: One person per section in the Southwest area
- The ExCom of the Area
- Mileage is reimbursable if greater than 50 miles one-way (up to the cost of two-week advance airfare purchase)
- All airfare must be purchase at least 2-weeks prior to travel to be reimbursed at the full amount - airfare bought after 2-weeks prior will be reimbursed at the cost of 2-weeks prior to the meeting
- Hotel: The Region will cover one night hotel unless pre-approved in advance
- Rental cars need to be pre-approved by the Region Director
- Students are expected to share hotel rooms (if one school sends 2 students of different genders please contact us and we can work to find a roommate of the same gender)
Date and Time
- Date: 14 April 2018
- Time: 08:00 AM to 04:00 PM
- All times are America/Phoenix
- Add to Google Calendar
- Devry University - Phoenix
- 2149 W. Dunlap
- Phoenix, Arizona
- United States 85021
- Room Number: 104 and 106
- Co-sponsored by Bruce Ladewig
- Registration closed
8:30–8:45 Opening Remarks (Region 6 Director Kathleen Kramer)
8:45-9:00 Region 6 Budget Update (Treasurer Scott Tamashiro)
9:15-9:45 PACE and Educational Activities Discussion (Region 6 PACE Chair Mostafa Mortezai)
10:00-11:00 Section & Student Branch Updates (All)
12:00-1:30 Section & Student Branch Officer Training [Mike Andrews/Ralph Hogan (Sections) - Xun Luo (Students)]
1:30-2:00 Organizing Local Conferences and Workshops (Michael Andrews)
2:00-2:45 Director-Elect Remarks
3:00-3:45 Region 6 and Southwest Area Round Table (All)
3:45-4:00 Wrap up comments (Kathleen)