STEM Volunteer Panel
Have you considered helping out at a STEM event at your local school, or for a regional event? There are plenty of opportunities and ways to get involved. These can include judging, presenting or support at single day events, or mentoring over a period of time. Events in NH that we hope to discuss include:
- the four levels of FIRST "robotics" programs (Raph Draper, Soon Wan, others?)
- VEX robotics (Ralph Draper)
- Young Inventors (Nita Patel, Mary Brzezenski, Ed Nelson)
- DI (Destination Imagination previously "OM") (Steve Gilvar, Jim Isaak)
- Science & Tech Expo
- Math Counts (Tom Perkins)
- TechFest (Don Sherwood, Ed Nelson, Soon Wan, etc.)
- Teacher in-service training (Don Sherwood)
- school Tech days (Jim Isaak, etc.)
This is your opportunity to find out how the volunteer thing works from your IEEE peers who have participated in the past.
Having just done the "Young Inventors" I found the opportunity to talk with these inspired k-12 kids was delightful ... hard to judge in some ways -- but easy to pass along words of encouragement and the recognition that may just be the boost one of these kids might need to get involved in technology/engineering in the future.
Please join us and find out if it is something you might enjoy .... oh yes, we will have Pizza and drinks as well.
Date and Time
- Date: 24 May 2018
- Time: 05:30 PM to 07:30 PM
- All times are America/New_York
- Add to Google Calendar
- 2598 N River Rd
- Hooksett, New Hampshire
- United States 03106
- Building: SNHU Webster Hall
- Room Number: 203
- Click here for Map
- Co-sponsored by NH IEEE PACE
- Registration closed
5:30 -- get a slice of pizza or two and a drink
6 PM -- will have panelists introduce the STEM activities where they have been active
7 PM -- questions, answers, more pizza if it remains.