Rebuild Manufacturing - the key to American Prosperity"
Michele will briefly discuss how we "saved" U.S. manufacturing and what we need to do now to rebuild American manufacturing. The U. S. trade deficit has been in the red since 1975, and there is no historical record of any other country in history running 42 years of consecutive trade deficits. Why is this important? Because every billion dollars of net imports costs 4,500 American jobs according to conservative estimates, and the annual trade deficit reduces our U. S. GDP by some 3% to 5.5% each year. We lost nearly 6 million manufacturing jobs from 2000 - 2010, and have regained less than 700,000.
We need to eliminate the trade deficit to re-industrialize our country, enable massive job creation, grow our wealth and effectively neutralize foreign mercantilism. Michele will discuss how we can eliminate the trade deficit and rebuild American manufacturing by
- Developing a national manufacturing strategy
- Renegotiating existing trade agreements like NAFTA with the goal of balanced trade
- Enforcing provisions of current agreements
- Addressing currency manipulation and the overvaluation of the dollar
- Reinstating Country of Original Labeling
- Implementing tax reform with border adjustable taxes and Sales Factor Tax apportionment
Date and Time
- Date: 12 Jun 2018
- Time: 06:00 PM to 08:00 PM
- All times are US/Pacific
- Add Event to Calendar
- HP Inc.
- 16399 West Bernardo Dr., San Diego, CA 92127
- san diego, California
- United States 92127
- Room Number: Customer Experience Center-Main Lobby
- Click here for Map
- Starts 27 May 2018 08:30 AM
- Ends 11 June 2018 08:30 PM
- All times are US/Pacific
- No Admission Charge
Ms. Michele Nash-Hoff is founder and president of ElectroFab Sales, a sales agency specializing in helping manufacturers select the right processes for their products since 1985. Michele is currently a director on the board of the San Diego Inventors Forum, a mentor for CONNECT's Springboard program, and Chair of the California chapter of the Coalition for a Prosperous America.
Michele earned a B. A. from San Diego State University in 1982 and a certificate in Total Quality Management in 1993. She is a 1994 graduate of San Diego's leadership program (LEAD San Diego) and earned a Yellow Belt Certificate in Lean Six Sigma in 2014.
She is the author of four books, the latest being “Rebuild Manufacturing - the key to American prosperity”. She is a columnist for Industry Week's e-Newsline and an authorized speaker for the Reshoring Initiative.
Start @ 6:00pm
- 30 min Social Dinner & Networking
- 10 min Intro & housekeeping
- 60-90 min feature presentation/topic
- 5 min wrap-up
Note: Due to constructions and main entrance closure, the access to campus is rerouted to the other gates. Thus, please pls. follow the signs for Customer entrance and enter the building via Main Lobby Bld. 61 by PSES sign to access the conference room.
Our sincere apologies for inconvenience.