Navigating My Career: Where I Began, Where I’m At, & How I Got Here
Please join IEEE Women in Engineering and Analog Devices, Inc. for an evening of discussion as four women share the stories of their careers and the steps they took along the way. This event will take place at ADI, located at 804 Woburn Street in Wilmington on February 6th from 5:30pm to 7:15pm. Parking and refreshments will be provided. The event is free but advance Registration is required.
The panel will cover the following:
- What were the biggest factors that contributed to major career path changes on the way to where you are now? What led to those pivots?
- What do you see as the benefits of staying with one company versus moving through several over your career?
- Using job titles, who would you consider your key advocates and supporters over the development of your career? What traits did those people have that you felt supported your development?
- What are the benefits you’ve experienced from taking on new positions within the same company? The risks?
- How did you/can you prepare for a major career switch (ie: technical to business; technical to management)? Are there things that you wish you would have known beforehand?
- What would you tell your younger self? What might you do differently?
Biographies for the four panelists are listed below:
Whitni grew up in Arizona, received her Bachelor’s in pre-law from Southern Virginia University and her Master's in Information Science from San Jose State University. She's been working with ADI for 3 years and prior to her career switch, she worked in Academic IT for 6 years. She's currently a full stack developer at ADI and prior she was a Systems Administrator for a few university libraries. She has a passion for soccer, teaching and outdoor adventures. She recently took an 8 day trip white water rafting through the Grand Canyon and spent 2 months in Uganda teaching digital safety and project management to human rights defenders.
Laura currently works in the Advanced Development LiDAR group. She has also worked in both the product line and advanced development Inertial Sensor MEMS groups in her 5 years at ADI. Prior to that, she completed her PhD at Cornell University working on fabrication techniques for hemispherical shell resonators for use as an Opto-Mechanical Gyroscope (OMG). Laura received her B.S. in Electrical Engineering from Drexel University, including a year of study abroad at Tohoku University in Sendai, Japan. When not working, she enjoys rock climbing, playing volleyball, and watching too much of “The Great British Baking Show.”
Jie grew up in Shanghai, China and received her BSEE degree from Shanghai Jiao Tong University. Upon graduation, she came to the U.S. for graduate study and obtained her MSEE degree from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. She joined ADI as a Product Engineer upon graduating in 2006. After 5 years, Jie became an Applications Engineer and joined the TPG group, which is now one of the fastest growing product lines at ADI. Since then, she has been involved in many customer-facing activities, which, in addition to obtaining an MBA degree from Northeastern University, enabled her to switch to a marketing role in 2016. Currently, Jie is a Product Marketing Manager in the TPG group, managing the ADI wideband transceiver portfolio and RadioVerse Ecosystem.
Gina has worked at ADI for 20 years. Currently, she is a Product Marketing Manager for Industrial Platforms and Networks. Previously, she worked in the Healthcare Business Unit developing business strategy focused on Clinical Patient Monitoring, Ultrasound and Digital X-Ray. Gina started her ADI career as a product engineer for the Precision Converter and High Speed Converter groups. Based out of the San Diego office for over a decade, she developed an appreciation for soccer, hiking, the beach, good wine, and New England sports teams. Somehow, she grew tired of the nice weather and palm trees, and returned to Wilmington in 2017, where she’s developing an appreciation for ADI’s yoga classes and snow days. Gina is a Maine native and attended the University of Maine, where she received her Bachelor (’97) and Master (’99) of Science degrees.
Date and Time
- Date: 06 Feb 2019
- Time: 05:30 PM to 07:30 PM
- All times are US/Eastern
- Add Event to Calendar
- Starts 11 January 2019 12:36 AM
- Ends 05 February 2019 04:00 PM
- All times are US/Eastern
- No Admission Charge
- 5:30pm – 6:00pm (Refreshments)
- 6:00pm – 7:00pm (Panel Discussion)
- 7:00pm – 7:30pm (Q&A)