KiCad Open Source EDA Training
Sponsored by Cedar Valley Amateur Radio Club and Collins Amateur Radio Club. Supported by IEEE and Qualifies for Activity Credit
This is a hands-on class. Bring your laptop and work along. We will cover:
- Schematic Capture
- Symbol – Footprint Associations
- PCB Layout
- Custom Symbol and Footprint Creation
- Gerber Creation and Ordering PCBs
The class is $25 and there will be door prizes. Advanced Registration REQUIRED. Paypal preferred. Contact Barry Buelow (email@example.com or 319-651- 4985 - leave a msg) for payment and registration.
KiCad is a full featured EDA with extensive libraries, advanced features and a large following. It is actively supported by CERN, who provides developers and server space. There is active and ongoing development. See: http://kicad-pcb.org Best of all: it’s FREE!
9am – 4pm. Lunch break 11:30 – 12:30 (on your own)
- Please have KiCad 5.1.4 installed on you laptop ahead of time. Make sure it is working.
- Installation is usually very straightforward, but installing the full distribution with libraries can take an hour.
- Bring a mouse with a scroll wheel. It is very difficult to just use the laptop pointing device.
- Please bring an extension cord as we will have some, but more is better.
- The class room entrance is located at the Northern corner of the Mercy Hospital Hall-Perrine Cancer Center. The door is on the end of the side facing 10th St SE very near 5th Ave SE. Park close to that door.
Mercy Hospital is located in downtown Ceder Rapids, just minutes from I-380. It is generally at the corner of 10th AVE and 10th Street.
The classroom is in the Hall- Perrine Cancer Center which is located at the North end of the complex, nearest to 5th Ave SE and 10th Street SE. You may enter from the parking lot and the class room is immediately to your right. Look for sign.
The conference room reservation is in the name of the Cedar Valley Amateur Radio Club (CVARC).
Date and Time
- Date: 19 Oct 2019
- Time: 09:00 AM to 04:00 PM
- All times are America/Chicago
- Add Event to Calendar
- 701 10th St. SE
- Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- United States 52403
- Building: Mercy Hospital Hall-Perrine Cancer Center
- Room Number: Conference Room
319-651- 4985 (leave a msg)