IEEE Chicago/Rockford Consultants' Network; "Annual Elections" w/ Presentation "Selling for Technology Consultants"; Hosted at Makerspace and Entrepreneur Center at Harper College
The January 27th event will be a dual-purpose meeting first starting with our annual business meeting which will then be immediately followed by a presentation for our members and guests. Please RSVP for this event.
1. Board of Directors Elections and Final Results: The annual business meeting of our local consultants' network will collect any final vote submissions for the selection of our board of directors. Note: A separate email will be sent to the membership with the candidates' profiles along with a link for submitting an electronic ballot. This system will allow those unable to attend this meeting to still directly participate in the elections electronically.
2. We will have a presentation on the very important topic of "Selling for Technology Consultants". As independent technology consultants, whether we want to admit it or not, there is a very real aspect of sales that is a part of the business of consulting. Pat Helmers, an international business consultant and coach who specializes in technology startups, will provide some valuable selling tips to help you in engaging with new prospective clients in 2020. You won't want to miss it!
Date and Time
- Date: 27 Jan 2020
- Time: 06:30 PM to 08:30 PM
- All times are (GMT-06:00) US/Central
- Add Event to Calendar
- Makerspace and Entrepreneur Center at Harper College
- 1200 Algonquin Road
- Palatine, Illinois
- United States 60067
- Building: H
- Room Number: H130
- Click here for Map
- Contact Event Host
To learn more about the local IEEE Chicago/Rockford Consultants' Network, please visit https://www.ewh.ieee.org/r4/chicago/cn/.
- Starts 27 December 2019 04:20 PM
- Ends 27 January 2020 06:00 PM
- All times are (GMT-06:00) US/Central
- No Admission Charge
Pat Helmers of Sales Babble, Habanero Media
Selling for Technology Consultants - How to sell services in a non-pushy way
Mention the word “selling” and for most engineers and it conjures up images of greed, corruption, and manipulation. To be honest, buyers are so averse to selling they’ve already said “no” before you say a word. But consider the possibility of a different way of approaching sales.
In this talk, Pat Helmers shares strategies and tactics based on a helping and serving mindset. He turns around the idea of selling tech for tech sake. When you speak in terms of the challenges and aspirations of your prospective buyers, they get excited and buy. This is the path of growing loyal clients for life.
Pat Helmers is an international business consultant and technology startup coach. He is the author of the Selling With Confidence sales system and host of the award winning Sales Babble sales podcast. Pat has been in the tech world his entire professional career.
Pat started his career as a software engineer for Bell Laboratories. It was there he became an inventor in GSM wireless technologies, earning two patents. He leveraged his expertise and became a trainer for emerging software Object Oriented methodologies, training 1000s of engineers in the USA and Europe. He was promoted and managed various training groups and a technology adoption organization promoting technology transfer.
He then entered the software start-up arena, pursuing a career in business development for software startups, enrolling and selling early adopters on new technologies. Eventually Pat was promoted to the Vice President of Sales for an enterprise SaaS start-up, building from scratch an inside and outside sales team that generated 8 figure revenues.
Still having the start-up bug, Pat created the Sales Babble brand with the Sales Babble Podcast. Sales Babble was created to stop the babble on the myth that you must be pushy to be successful in sales. He believes anyone can become skilled in sales if they adopt an attitude of “helping” clients and adding “value” to their lives and businesses. From the sales podcast sprung his consulting and coaching practice as well as authoring the Selling With Confidence sales system.
Today Pat is a business consultant focusing on technology startups and founder of Habanero Media podcast production services.
6:30pm – Networking
6:45pm – Elections Final Voting and Results
7:00pm - Presentation
The IEEE Chicago / Rockford Consultants' Network would like to extend a special thanks to the MAKERSPACE AND ENTREPRENEUR CENTER at HARPER COLLEGE for their support of our events. You can learn more about the many exciting developments underway at this new, growing community by visiting https://www.harpercollege.edu/maker/index.php.