Spring 2020 IEEE Orlando Section Conference
The Spring 2020 IEEE Orlando Section Conference will be held on Saturday, March 28, 2020 starting at 9 a.m. at Valencia College's West Campus Special Events Center.
The spring conference theme is "Conversations about Engineering in the Fourth Industrial Revolution."
This is the second section conference sponsored by the Orlando Section and provide members of all grades the opportunity to engage with other members and with society chapters around relevant technical topics. This spring's conference speaker lineup includes:
- Keynote Speaker: Dr. Weiping Yu, physicist & Aerospace Technologist at NASA Kennedy Space Center.
- Computer Society Chapter: Dr. David “Fuzzy” Wells, Deputy Director of UCF's Institute for Simulation and Training, creator of the U.S. Pacific Command’s (USPACOM) Cyber War Innovation Center (CWIC) and the Cyber Operational Architecture Training System (COATS).
- Joint Communications Society and Signal Processing Society Chapter Samuel Piper, Business Implications of Technology Implementations
- Electron Device Society Chapter
- Professional Activities Committee for Engineers (PACE): Michael H. Hassan, Ph.D., P.E., Innovate LLC, Engineering Careers and Jobs
- Women in Engineering Affinity Group
For more information:
- Conference website: http://ewh.ieee.org/r3/orlando/2020/Conference/
- Registration: https://events.vtools.ieee.org/m/223558
- Students (including Graduate Students): $5
- Members (all grades): $10
- Non-Members: $25
- Conference fees include a continental breakfast and a box lunch.
- Location: Valencia College's West Campus, Special Events Center in Building 8. 1800 S. Kirkman Rd, Orlando, FL 32811.
We are in the process of finalizing the agenda, but please register early so we can plan for the meals and space accommodations.
We look forward to seeing you at the conference.
Date and Time
- Date: 28 Mar 2020
- Time: 09:00 AM to 05:00 PM
- All times are (GMT-05:00) US/Eastern
- Add Event to Calendar
- 1800 S. Kirkman Rd
- Orlando, Florida
- United States 32811
- Building: 8,9
- Room Number: 111A-F, 204,207,208,210,211,212
- Co-sponsored by IEEE Student Branch at Valencia College
The Future of Space Technology & Exploration
Dr. Weiping Yu is a physicist and an aerospace technologist at NASA Kennedy Space Center for over sixteen year.
Dr. Yu holds a doctorate in Engineering Physics and is a pioneer researcher in theoretical and applied physics, and the founder of the Universal Particle (Uon) Theory of Everything.
Dr. Yu is a co host of the Science & You show on radio and a keynote speaker at conferences, universities, and communities. He makes frequent appearances on TV, Radio, and NASA Digital Learning Network.
Address:Kennedy Space Center, Mail Code: NE-M6, Kennedy Space center, Florida, United States, 32899
Visit us at: http://ewh.ieee.org/r3/orlando/2020/Conference/
IEEE Student Branch at Valencia College: http://www.valenciaieee.com
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ValenciaIEEE
Message us at: Valenciaieee@gmail.com