Lecture on Mathematics for Machine Learning
Mrs T. Jaya Shree (Head of the humanities and sciences department) has delivered a lecture on 22nd June 2020, Monday on the topic – “Mathematics for Machine Learning”, as a part of the 13 day – “Virtual Webinar Series on Machine Learning”.
- The speaker has started the discussion showing an article picked up from a newspaper which says, “Learn Mathematics, it is at the core of Today’s tech.
- A pie chart is shown describing the importance of different mathematical topics in Machine Learning.
- The speaker has explained the significance of each mathematical topic that helps in various stages of building a better mathematical model.
- The mathematics helps in selecting a better algorithm considering training time, accuracy, complexity, number of parameters etc.
- After introduction, the speaker has explained the topic “PROBABILITY” and it’ s roots in the field of machine learning by giving examples like the importance of Baye’ s theorem in classification and regression.
Date and Time
- Date: 22 Jun 2020
- Time: 02:00 PM to 04:00 PM
- All times are (GMT+05:30) Asia/Calcutta
- Add Event to Calendar
Mrs T. Jaya Shree of VNR Vignana Jyothi Institute of Engineering and Technology
Mathematics for Machine Learning
Head of the Department, Humanities and Sciences, VNRVJIET
The lecture was aimed at making the participants understand the role of mathematics in the field of machine learning. Despite having many libraries in machine learning, one can select the right algorithm only based on the mathematical analysis. It helps in proper extraction of data that helps in training the machine learning model.
About 55 people have attended the Webinar. The people who were worried of the mathematics were also made comfortable with it by speaker. It was a wonderful session with sufficient idea of topics dealt within this short duration. Finally it is understood that mathematics is necessary even when we have many libraries for a proper working model