A talk on "Applications of Machine Learning"
A talk on “Applications of Machine Learning” was organized by IEEE VNR CS SB Chapter on 4th July 2020, to help students correlate their theoretical knowledge of Machine Learning with some real-life examples. Mr. Bala Prasad Peddigari, (Secretary- IEEE Hyderabad Section) was the resource person for the day.
- The speaker started the session with a few personal experiences that he has had with Machine Learning like Credit Card Fraud Identification, Restaurant Recommendations and Offers etc.
- He later discussed as to how we apply Machine Learning using: Clustering, Classification and Recommendation. And also discussed the applications of each method.
- He went on to list the cases where “Failures” of Machine Learning were encountered like the Amazon Candidate Interview Program that was trained in a biased way and a recent university study that stated the Google displayed Ads in a way that discriminated the users based on gender.
- The Machine Learning process was put forth in four simple steps namely Feature (Engineering), Learning (Training), Evaluation (Metrics) and Deployment (Serving). Each of these steps was explained in detail.
- The speaker also reviewed the concepts of Deep Learning and The Deep Revolution and the new advances in the field of artificial intelligence.
- The speaker identified and explained some of the queries that Machine Learning gives rise to like the generation of new content using Metadata, Positioning of Ads at the right time and the Prediction of Human Response.
Date and Time
- Date: 04 Jul 2020
- Time: 02:00 PM to 03:30 PM
- All times are (GMT+05:30) Asia/Calcutta
- Add Event to Calendar
Mr Bala Prasad Peddigari of Secretary-IEEE Hyderabad Section, Principal Consultant and Technology Head - Digital Initiatives at Tata Consultancy Services (TCS).
A talk on Applications of Machine Learning
Mr Bala Prasad Peddigari pursued his masters in the field of Computer Science from Osmania University. He has an industry experience of over 20 years. His passions include Cloud IoT, DevOps, Cognitive Services, Data Science and Analytics.
The session was organized with an intent to familiarize the students with the Applications of Machine Learning in Real-life situations. The usage of Machine Learning in our day to day activities and the Application of Machine Learning concepts like Clustering and Classification in practical scenarios were to be discussed.
About 125 people attended the webinar on Applications of Machine learning and were able to easily understand the uses of Machine Learning concepts in real-life. The speaker took up a few questions from the attendees and advised the students to “Think Differently” and make their mark in the field of Machine Learning.