Webinar: The Benefits and Practice Use of Cable Bus Feeder Systems
Please carefully read the "fine print" at the bottom of this page, prior to registering.
- Cable Bus Overview
- Applicable codes CSA C22.2 No. 273
- Cable Bus best practises and benefits
The popularity of Cable Bus used a primary or backup power feeder system has grown exponentially in the past decade as engineers and owners begin to appreciate the commercial advantages as well as reliability improvements of Cable Bus over bus duct, particularly when installed outdoors. In 2014, the CSA released the CSA C22.2 No. 273 Cablebus certification, which was further revised in 2019.
This session will provide an overview of modern Cable Bus, typical applications and benefits. A deep dive into a the design and installation process will also be provided.
Intended Audience: Engineers, Designers, Manufacturer’s, Installers and Inspectors who are responsible for the design, selection and installation of cables bus.
- The webinar is free for active IEEE members.
- There is a $5 registration fee for people who are not active IEEE members.
- The fee must be paid in advance through the registration process below (credit card through PayPal) in order to receive the link to the webinar.
- Upon successful payment of the fee, you will receive 2 emails: one from firstname.lastname@example.org with title "IEEE vTools Reservation Confirmation," and a second from email@example.com with title "Your payment to The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc." Both emails are required to ensure your payment was successfully processed.
- Incomplete non-member registrations (payment not received) will be deleted.
- A link to the WebEx registration will be sent to the email address you provided during this vTools registration, on Nov 30, by "IEEE Southern Alberta". Please double check the spelling of your email address when registering.
- The link to the WebEx platform will require that you to complete the brief WebEx event registration prior to joining the webinar. None of this information is store in the system.
- The mechanism used to email the WebEx link, is an e-mail produced by WebEx platform and send by firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure you check your "junk inbox"
Date and Time
- Date: 23 Feb 2021
- Time: 12:00 PM to 01:00 PM
- All times are Canada/Mountain
- Add Event to Calendar
- Calgary, Alberta
- Co-sponsored by BRODWELL/ MAXIAMP Cable Bus
- Starts 02 February 2021 02:00 PM
- Ends 21 February 2021 11:59 PM
- All times are Canada/Mountain
- Admission fee ?
Henry Quach, P.Eng, M.Eng of MAXIAMP Cable Bus system
Henry is currently Sr. Project Manager at MAXIAMP. He is a graduate from the University of Toronto’s Electrical Engineering program in 1988, received his Master’s of Engineering from the University of Waterloo in 2010. A veteran of the Utility industry for 30 years, Henry joined United Wire & Cable in 2019 as a Sr. Project Manager, overseeing both project delivery and the ongoing technical evolution of the MAXIAMP Cable Bus system.
Bill Baldasti of MAXIAMP Cable Bus system
Bill is currently General Manager at MAXIAMP. He is graduated from the University of Waterloo’s Computer Science/Software Engineering program in 2001 with a degree in Mathematics. For the past twenty years Bill has been applying his digital skillset towards the optimization and improvement of processes and products. He joined United Wire & Cable in 2017 and oversees the team that designs and delivers the MAXIAMP Cable Bus system.