"Dimensions of Change: Measurements for a Metaverse" Virtual IEEE OC CmptrSoc. & OC ACM Mtg
Virtual Event Details
Approaching its 30th birthday, the notion of a "metaverse" (from Neal Stephenson's novel Snow Crash) is getting new attention as an arena of new technologies, business models, and behaviors. As a space for creation and combination, it calls for measurement of how we're progressing, and of how far apart we are from each other in what we're trying to do and what we'll call "success." Peter Coffee joins us for a new examination of potential innovations, present trends, and lessons worth remembering from past attempts to achieve similar goals.
About the Speaker Peter Coffee
Peter Coffee, VP for Strategic Research at Salesforce, begins his sixteenth year with the company in January 2022. He works with customers, partners and account teams, regulators and other stakeholders to accelerate digital transformation and customer engagement innovation, addressing both long-term global opportunities and immediate pandemic-endgame plans and follow-ups. Peter spent his eighteen years pre-Salesforce in technology journalism, preceded by ten years of project field work and technology management for petrochemical and aerospace operations including time with The Aerospace Corporation and with the Western Division of what was then Exxon Corporation. He received his engineering degree from MIT and his MBA from the Graziadio School at Pepperdine University; he has lectured on innovation practices and AI techniques at Stanford, CalTech, Harvard Business School, and MIT's Media Lab and Sloan School of Management. He is co-founder and President of the Foundation for Intelligent Life on Earth, a Seattle-based nonprofit supporting initiatives in climate change research and mitigation, STEAM education, and exploration of earth and space. His writing appears occasionally at Diginomica, with notes on what he's reading on Twitter @petercoffee
Zoom Webinar Instructions for first timers
This will be a ZOOM Webinar. Instructions:
1) Register using the External Event link below.
2) Upon completion, and on the same page as the registration, you will get a link to the meeting. [You can also add it to your calendar.]
3) Click on this link to open the webinar.
Date and Time
- Date: 19 Jan 2022
- Time: 07:00 PM to 08:30 PM
- All times are (GMT-08:00) US/Pacific
- Add Event to Calendar
This will be a ZOOM Webinar.
1) Register using the External Event link under "Registration".
2) Upon completion, and on the same web page as the registration, you will get a link to the meeting. [You can also add it to your calendar.]
3) Click on that link to open the webinar (it is recommended that you do this shortly before the official start time).
- Co-sponsored by OC ACM [Actual Host]
7:00 PM Announcements and Presentation
8:30 PM Meeting Adjourned;