IEEE Southern Alberta Section (SAS), 2022 Annual General Meeting (AGM); Virtual Format
The AGM Webex Meeting App Opens: 05:30 PM (MST), the day of the AGM, Tue., Nov. 15th, 2022.
Actual AGM Webex Meeting Start: 06:00 PM (MST), the day of the AGM, Tue., Nov. 15th, 2022.
Please join the AGM well before the start time, to allow yourself time to login to the IEEE Webex Meeting app.
As an IEEE Member, in good standing of the IEEE Southern Alberta Section (SAS), you are cordially invited by the SAS Executive Committee (ExCom), to the IEEE SAS, 2022 Annual General Meeting (AGM). This meeting, in virtual format, (as hosted by the IEEE Webex app), will provide the Section Membership with an update over the past year, (from Nov. 2021 to Nov. 2022), on the activities of the following groups:
- The IEEE Southern Alberta Section, as a whole, ... (via the Chair's Report, the Treasurer's Report),
- The various IEEE Southern Alberta Technical Chapters:
- (inc. the Jt. PES/IAS, Jt. CSS/IMS, Jt. CAS/SSC, Jt. AP/COM/MTT, CS, EMBS Chapters)
- [See: IEEE Southern Alberta Section Technical Chapters]
- The various IEEE Southern Alberta Affinity (AF) Groups:
- (inc. the WIE, YP, SIGHT, LM Groups)
- [See: IEEE Southern Alberta Section Affinity (AF) Groups]
- The IEEE University of Calgary (U of C) Student Branch, ... (via the Student Branch Chair's Report),
- (inc. the U of C Student Branch Jt. PES/IAS, MTTS Technical Chapters)
- (inc. the U of C Student Branch WIE Affinity Group)
- [See: IEEE Southern Alberta Section (U of C) Student Branch]
all based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Furthermore, during the IEEE SAS 2022 AGM, we will also recognize the IEEE SAS 2022 Award Recipients, including IEEE SAS 2022 Scholarship Winners, for the IEEE SAS 2022 (AGM/Awards) Calendar Year (Oct. 01th,, 2021 to Sep. 30th, 2022).
- A link to the Webex registration will be sent to the email address you provided during this IEEE vTools registration process, on Mon. Nov 14th, 2022, by the "IEEE Southern Alberta" Section. Please double check the spelling of your email address when registering.
- You will need to complete the brief Webex event registration app' prior to joining the Webinar.
Date and Time
- Date: 15 Nov 2022
- Time: 06:00 PM to 07:30 PM
- All times are (GMT-07:00) Canada/Mountain
- Add Event to Calendar
- Virtual Event/Virtual Location
- (No Street Address)
- Calgary, Alberta
- Starts 15 October 2022 11:55 PM
- Ends 13 November 2022 11:59 PM
- All times are (GMT-07:00) Canada/Mountain
- No Admission Charge
IEEE SAS, 2022 Annual General Meeting (AGM) Agenda; (Virtual Event): *
(2022 AGM Reporting Period: Nov. 30th, 2021 - Nov. 15th, 2022)
- Section Chair's Report,
- Section Treasurer's Report,
- Local Section IEEE Technical Chapter Reports (Jt. PES/IAS, Jt. CSS/IMS, Jt. CAS/SSC, Jt. AP/COM/MTT, CS, EMBS),
- Local Section IEEE Affinity Group (AG) Reports (WIE, YP, SIGHT, LM),
- University of Calgary (U of C) Student Branch Chair Report (including SB Technical Chapters/AF Groups),
- IEEE SAS Award Recipient Announcements for 2022,
- IEEE SAS Scholarship Winner Announcements for 2022,
- Other announcements.
- A final request for nominees, for the following IEEE SAS Executive Committee (ExCom) Officer positions open, for the two year, 2023-2024 term:
- Vice Chair,
which will lead to an announcement of the "final" slate of candidates at the close of business associated with the 2022 IEEE SAS AGM.
Please be advised, (as per a change, dated Oct 30th, 2022), as recommended by the IEEE Region 7 (Canada) Executive Committee, in Oct 2022, there will not be live voting scheduled during the 2022 IEEE SAS AGM, for the above slate of IEEE SAS Executive Committee (ExCom) Officers, for the 2023-2024 term.
Any voting required for the slate of candidates/nominees, for the IEEE SAS Executive Committee Officer Positions, listed above, for the 2023-2024 term, as it stands at the time of the 2022 IEEE SAS AGM, will be conducted "on-line", using the official IEEE "on-line" vTools voting application, created for the purpose, where such voting shall commence, after the AGM, later in the month of Nov. 2022.
Such an "on-line" voting process, for the 2022 slate of IEEE SAS Executive Committee Officers, will be open to all IEEE Members in the Section, in good standing, at the time of the vote, ... except for IEEE SAS Student Branch Members, ... as they are not eligible to vote in an IEEE Section ExCom Officer election.
Furthermore, ... if there is only one candidate/nominee, ... per IEEE SAS Exec' Com' Officer position, ... listed above, ... at the time of the 2022 IEEE SAS AGM, ... and no other valid candidate(s)/nominee(s), ... steps forward to be nominated for a given position, ... before the close of business at the 2022 IEEE SAS AGM, ... the single candidate/nominee officially in place, ... via the 2022 IEEE SAS nomination process, ... completed before the 2022 IEEE SAS AGM, ... will assume the given position, ... for the new 2023-2024 term, ... by "acclamation" ... and no official "on-line" voting after the 2022 IEEE SAS AGM will occur, for the given position.
This year's AGM is "No Charge" due the virtual nature of the event. (No dinner/No guest speaker.)
The IEEE SAS ExCom hopes to arrange, in future years, for a formal AGM "sit down" dinner for all IEEE SAS Attendees/Guests c/w an AGM Guest Speaker, ... as we have in the past, ... once the malaise associated with the COVID 19 Pandemic in Alberta in 2020, 2021 and earlier in 2022, has receded.
Please "Google" ... IEEE Southern Alberta" ... to find out more details regarding our Section or go to southern-alberta.ieee.ca.
* The above agenda is subject to change.