2022 IEEE SPS Seasonal School on “ RECENT ADVANCES IN SIGNAL PROCESSING AND CODING TECHNIQUES USING SIMULATION STUDIES”
IEEE SPS SEASONAL SCHOOL ON RECENT ADVANCES IN SIGNAL PROCESSING AND CODING TECHNIQUES USING SIMULATION STUDIES
- The main objective of the Seasonal school is to provide a platform to create awareness on recent developments in Signal Processing and its applications to the latest technological developments.
- To allow the participants a wide scope of opportunities in research and career , a well-curated course covering the recent advances and latest techniques, novel and innovative applications are also included in the lectures’ agenda.
- Foster membership development among young researchers with interests in signal processing and its applications.
- Non Members: 3500
- IEEE Members: 3000
- IEEE SPS Members: 2750
- IEEE Student Members: 2500
- IEEE SPS student Members: 2000
MECS IEEE SB (STB17791) Account Details:
A/C Name: IEEE MEC SB
A/C N0.: 052110100156962
UNION BANK OF INDIA
IFSC Code: UBIN0805211
Date and Time
- Start time: 23 Jan 2023 10:00 AM
- End time: 28 Jan 2023 05:00 PM
- All times are (UTC+05:30) Chennai
- Add Event to Calendar
- Contact Event Host
Dr.Sharath Chandra Inguva,
Associate Professor, ECE,
Convener, IEEE SP Seasonal School,
Matrusri Engineering College
- Co-sponsored by IEEE Signal Processing Society
Prof B Yegnanarayana of IIIT Hyderabad
Challenges in processing natural signals like Speech
Dr. Bayya Yegnanarayana is currently INSA Hon Scientist and Emeritus Professor at IIIT Hyderabad. He was Professor Emeritus at BITS-Pilani Hyderabad Campus during 2016. He was an Institute Professor from 2012 to 2016 and Professor & Microsoft Chair from 2006 to 2012 at the International Institute of Information Technology Hyderabad (IIIT-H). He was a Professor (1980 to 2006) and Head of the CSE Dept (1985 to 1989) at IIT Madras, a visiting Associate Professor at Carnegie-Mellon University (CMU), Pittsburgh, USA (1977 to 1980), and a member of the faculty at the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, (1966 to 1978). He received BSc from Andhra University in 1961, and BE, ME and PhD from IISc Bangalore in 1964, 1966, and 1974, respectively. His research interests are in signal processing, speech, image processing and neural networks. He has published over 450 papers in these areas. He is the author of the book "Artificial Neural Networks", published by Prentice-Hall of India in 1999. He has supervised 38 PhD and 43 MS theses at IISc, IITM and IIIT-H. He is a Fellow of the Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE), Indian National Science Academy (INSA), Indian Academy of Sciences (IASc), IEEE (USA), and International Speech Communications Association (ISCA). He was the recipient of the 3rd IETE Prof.S.V.C.Aiya Memorial Award in 1996. He received the Prof.S.N.Mitra Memorial Award for the year 2006 from INAE. He was awarded the 2013 Distinguished Alumnus Award from IISc Bangalore. He was awarded "The Sayed Husain Zaheer Medal (2014)" of INSA in 2014. He received Prof. Rais Ahmed Memorial Lecture Award from the Acoustical Society of Inida in 2016. He was an Associate Editor for the IEEE Transactions on Audio, Speech and Language Processing during 2003-2006. From June 2020, he is an Associate Editor for the Journal of the Acoustical Society of America. He received Doctor of Science (Honoris Causa) from Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Anantapur in February 2019. He was the General Chair for Interspeech2018 held in Hyderabad, India, during September 2018. He was a visiting Professor at CMU Africa in Rwanda and at IIT Dharwad during 2019. He is currently Adjunct Faculty at IIT Tirupati, Distinguished Professor at IIT Hyderabad, and Distinguished Adjunct Professor at IIITNR.
Dr Anil Kumar
Advance time frequency transforms such as S transform, HHT and WVD
He received the B.Tech degree in Electronics & Communication Engineering from the JNTU in 2005.He received his M.Tech degree in
Electronics & Communication Engineering from the NIT Kurukshetra in 2007. He was awarded the Ph.D degree from the IIT KHARAGPUR in 2012. He acted as a Visiting faculty at Aalto University in NOV 2018.he also worked as TCS Training and Lecturer in V.R.Siddhartha Engg College, Vijayawada.from 2019 he is presently working as Associate Professor at IIIT Hyderabad.
His area of interests are Speech, speaker, language, emotion and pathological speech recognition.He published 28-Journals,85 -
Conference Proceedings,5-Book Chapters.
Dr.Anil Kumar worked as principal investigator for 12 projects out of which one of the recent projects is & Development of an automatic
speech processing-based system for assessment of stuttering in Kannada-speaking adults" funded by ARF, AIISH Mysore. (January
2022 to July 2023). 11 full-time PhD scholars in which 6 ongoing PhDs and 5 members completed PhDs under his guidance. Also, he is
presently guiding 16 Dual degree, MS Scholars and Honors.He was Guest editor for the Springer Speech Technology journal Special Issue on
&Speech, Speaker and Language recognition in Sub-Optimal Environments.He also conducted a workshop on speech processing at
KLU and SRKR engineering college in 2015. He is a BOS member for Dept of ECE Malla reddy Engineering College for Women, a TPC member for SPCOM 2018 etc
- This Seasonal school provides a platform for the participants to create awareness on recent developments in Signal Processing and its applications to the latest technological developments. The school offers lectures, hands-on sessions and interactive sessions that provide knowledge and give participants the chance to exchange about their own ideas.
Topics that will be dealt during the Seasonal school:
- Fundamentals of Signal Processing, Transformation techniques
- Adaptive Signal Processing
- Fundamentals of Speech Signal Processing
- Fundamentals of Image processing
- Medical Image Processing
- Signal Processing for Communications
- Radar Signal Processing
- Electronic Warfare
- VLSI architectures for Signal Processing
IEEE MECS Signal Processing Society Student Chapter and Dept. of ECE, Matrusri engineering College