WIE SUMMIT:WOMEN LEADING THE SUSTAINABILITY REVOLUTION
Fostering mutually beneficial partnerships between companies and students to fuel technical prowess, foster professional development, and champion equal opportunities
Sustainability Revolution has gained significant momentum in the recent years as societies around the world have become more aware of the urgent need to mitigate climate change, protect biodiversity, conserve resources and provide social equity. Engineers play an important role in designing and developing solutions that promote sustainable practices, reduce environmental impact, and address pressing global challenges.
Women have played a crucial role in championing sustainability initiatives and fostering dialogue around environmental issues. They have brought unique perspectives, innovative ideas, and diverse approaches to address the challenges we face. Women have emerged as leaders in the sustainability revolution and have proven to be instrumental in leading the discussion through environmental stewardship, grassroots activism, intersectionality, and inclusivity.
It is important to note that while women have made substantial contributions to the sustainability revolution, there is still progress to be made in achieving gender equality and inclusivity within the movement. Efforts should be made to amplify the voices of women, ensure their equal representation in decision-making processes, and address the unique challenges they face in pursuing sustainability leadership roles. To ensure the success of the sustainability revolution and maximize the contributions of women engineers, there is need to create supportive environments that promote gender equality, diversity, and inclusion in the engineering field. This can be achieved through initiatives such as the Annual Women in Engineering Summit which creates a platform that supports mentorship programs, leadership development opportunities, and policies that promote equal access to education and career advancement.
Date and Time
- Start time: 06 Jul 2023 08:00 AM
- End time: 07 Jul 2023 05:00 PM
- All times are (UTC+03:00) Nairobi
- Add Event to Calendar
- Contact Event Host
- Co-sponsored by Engineering Students Association Kenyatta University
- Starts 06 June 2023 08:24 PM
- Ends 07 July 2023 08:24 PM
- All times are (UTC+03:00) Nairobi
- No Admission Charge
- Knowledge sharing- this event will provide learning opportunities and facilitate knowledge sharing and skill acquiring by organizing talks, panel discussions, workshops and technical sessions led by experts in various engineering fields/industries.
- Create awareness- this event will bring to attention the need and importance of gender diversity in engineering and challenges faced by women in the profession.
- Inspire and Empower- this event aims to stimulate the desire to pursue engineering careers in young women by showcasing successful women as role models and highlighting their great achievements and contribution in the various engineering disciplines.
- Networking and Mentorship- This event will advance connections and mentorship opportunities amongst women professional and practicing engineers, graduate engineers and engineering students to support career growth and development.
- Promote Collaboration- as there will be various Engineering Entities attending the event, it will be the perfect platform to encourage partnerships and collaborations between organizations, companies, industries and academia to bridge the gap between them and to drive positive change for women in engineering.