Webinar: Medium Voltage Cable Constructability Overview
Please carefully read the "fine print" at the bottom of this page, prior to registering.
- Medium voltage cable handling
- Cable pull calculations & pull plans
- Cable routing best practises
- Large cable installations
- Site acceptance and maintenance testing
This webinar will cover the site considerations related to medium voltage and large cables. These cables require additional planning to ensure long lasting and cost-effective installations. At the design phase and specification stage there are several best practices that can be considered that help ensure these critical cables are installed such that the risk of improper handling is minimized. Often poorly handled or improperly pulled medium voltage cables can result in damage that will pass acceptance testing but show up in failures 5 or 6 years later. With a good pull and testing plan, site issues can be better controlled for long lasting cable installations.
Intended Audience: Engineers, Designers, Manufacturer’s, Installers and Inspectors who are responsible for the design, selection and installation of medium voltage cables.
- The webinar is free for active IEEE members.
- There is a $5 registration fee for people who are not active IEEE members.
- The fee must be paid in advance through the registration process below (credit card through PayPal) in order to receive the link to the webinar.
- Upon successful payment of the fee, you will receive 2 emails: one from email@example.com with title "IEEE vTools Reservation Confirmation," and a second from firstname.lastname@example.org with title "Your payment to The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc." Both emails are required to ensure your payment was successfully processed.
- Incomplete non-member registrations (payment not received) will be deleted.
- A link to the WebEx registration will be sent to the email address you provided during this vTools registration, on Nov 30, by "IEEE Southern Alberta". Please double check the spelling of your email address when registering.
- You will need to complete the brief WebEx event registration prior to joining the webinar.
Date and Time
- Date: 01 Dec 2020
- Time: 12:00 PM to 01:00 PM
- All times are Canada/Mountain
- Add Event to Calendar
- Co-sponsored by Texcan
- Starts 01 September 2020 12:00 AM
- Ends 29 November 2020 11:59 PM
- All times are Canada/Mountain
- Admission fee ?
Blair Sackney, B.Sc.Eng. of Texcan
Blair has worked in technical roles in the wire and cable industry for over 20 years. Working in both technical and sales roles for cable manufacturers, Southwire, Shawflex, and Alcan Cable, he has developed a strong background in wire and cable over a broad range of cables from 300V Instrumentation and Control to Medium / High Voltage cables. His background includes project management as well as solving technical challenges for Engineers, End Users, Electrical Distribution, and Electricians.
Currently he is employed with Texcan providing technical electrical cable support incorporating his product knowledge with his commercial knowledge to provide highly practical solutions. Typical customer support includes: Ampacity calculations, installation support, cable pull calculations, product recommendations, alternates or cost savings options, design best practices, testing recommendations, trouble shooting, and much more.
He is active in IEEE having coauthored 3 IEEE ESTMP presentations, 3 IEEE Chapter Meeting presentations, and attended IEEE PCIC conferences since 2011.