Ready to take your circuit designs to the next level?
IEEE Concordia brings you: Printed Circuit Board Design using KiCad!
What is PCB design?
PCB design is the placement of components and their connections inside a delimited space using a computer-aided design software.
- No previous experience required.
- For this event, you have to bring your own laptop.
- Download KiCad BEFORE the tutorial, you can get your free copy at https://www.kicad.org/download/
In this two-part PCB tutorial series, you will learn how to design a printed circuit board (PCB) starting with the schematic drawing of your circuit. Part 1 will focus on creating the schematic diagram, which is the foundation for the layout and design of your PCB.
PART 1 – INTRO TO SCHEMATIC DESIGN:
- Introduction to PCB design
- Overview of the schematic diagram and its importance in PCB design
- Creating a new project and adding components to the schematic
- Connecting components using nets and wires
- Adding labels, values, and annotations to the schematic
- Checking the schematic for errors and fixing them
- Generating a netlist and saving the schematic file
By the end of part 1, you will have a complete schematic diagram of your circuit design, ready to be imported into a PCB layout software for the next step in the PCB design process.
Stay tuned for part 2, where we will cover PCB layout and routing!
Date: Wednesday March 29th, 2023
Time: 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM
Tickets: 5$ on vtools